Monday, March 30, 2020

I hope you all had a lovely weekend with your families :) I've enjoyed reading the things that have been sent my way and thought I would share a meal that I made on Saturday:

     I made a triple-decker grilled cheese sandwich. I used sour dough bread and cut up mozzarella and cheddar cheese to put on both the top and bottom pieces of the bread. I also cut up zucchini and an Hawaiian pepper to mix in with the cheese. To cook the sandwich, butter and rosemary were placed in the frying pan and the top and bottom bread pieces of the sandwich were put in the frying pan once the butter had melted.

     The middle piece of bread went in the toaster oven so that it would be crunchy too. Once that was done toasting, I put it on top of the melting cheese of one of the pieces of bread in the frying pan. Then, I flipped that piece over onto the melting cheese of the other piece of bread in the frying pan. Once both sides of the sandwich were a golden colour, and all the cheese had been melted on both layers of the sandwich, I took it off to frying pan to enjoy.

     I also had my favourite vegetable, as you all know, a cucumber as a side. The finishing touch was a berry smoothie made with frozen berries, yogurt, almond milk, and coconut pieces. The sandwich was delicious, but I can't eat it too often because it has so much cheese in it! 

     My task for you tomorrow is to go for a walk with your mom, dad, brother, or sister. It is supposed to be nicer weather tomorrow and the fresh air feels so good right now! While you are out, pay attention to the nature or other things around you. Let me know 5 things that you noticed while you are on your walk. Remember to stay 2 meters away from any people that you cross paths with along your walk. If you're unsure how far away 2 meters is, measure it out at home first, so you have an idea of how much distance that is. Stay safe and enjoy your walk :)

Here is my sandwich and the completed Archie puzzle:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, It was nice to see about half of you on our Google Hangout yesterday. I have enjoyed teaching all of you and was so happy tha...